Saturday, May 1, 2010

Incline...Use IT!


If you want your legs to respond well to workouts at the gym...use the incline on the treadmill. I have decided it is a 100% more effective than even slow running. I crank the incline and walk FAST...well as fast as I can for two miles. This seems to be working well for my legs but I will caution that you must stretch especially hammys and calves after such a work out. I try to do the treadmill for at least a half hour if not 45 minutes.

I still am riding the bike for three miles (I sneak two miles in too frequently) and lift when my time allows. I also use my arms when in the treadmill I pump them like a fool...I prefer treadmill to outside b/c I just do not publicly pump my arms as much on the road. I believe that it helps and reduces the amount of lifting (which bores me to no end) that is needed to keep the flabby arms under control. Now keep in mind mine are FAR from in good shape. But progress is the goal here.

I am still at it...not everyday for sure but keeping to a minimum of three days a week and an average of four...want to get back to five!

No comments:

Post a Comment